Director of Donor Relations
To provide professional staff-leadership in developing, planning, implementing and evaluating accounts of United Way corporate partners and individuals with a focus on identifying growth opportunities as well as identifying new resource opportunities in order to enhance annual and long-term fundraising goals and promote United Way’s strategic mission, with a measured focus on personal donor connections.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Prepares and executes year-round relationship plans for company accounts and individual investors with a focus on maximizing potential and growth.
• Develops and adapts plans for challenging companies.
• Focus on attracting and developing new partnerships.
• Heavy focus on individual donor engagement with expectations of meeting ambitious goals around personal contact with donors and prospects.
• Works closely with volunteers to leverage experience and connections to gain better access to company leadership and build stronger, more effective relationships.
• Prepares and executes an ongoing engagement plan for assigned individual donors.
• Cultivates major gift and planned giving prospects through ongoing engagement.
• Prepares and executes an individual campaign plan for all accounts assigned.
• Ensures the accuracy of data on all accounts and maintains strict confidentiality of personal account and financial information.
• Works as part of a team to develop and execute a year-round engagement plan for companies and individual investors.
• Establishes a rigorous individualized personal and professional development plan.
• Understands and supports United Way’s strategic direction in the community.
• Identifies and develops new opportunities for resources. (expansion in existing accounts as well as potential new companies/investors)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two to five years of experience in fund raising or other relevant business experience.
• Persuasive customer-oriented sales skills, effective oral and written
• communications skills; exceptional organizational skills; thorough analytical
• abilities; good interpersonal skills;
• strong supervisory and management skills; strategic thinker; strong computer skills in terms of utilizing word processing,
• Spreadsheets and campaign application software.
• Maintains and builds solid relationships with our focus corporate partners and their employees. Works closely with volunteers to help build these relationships.